Entries in reading (1)
We like to see this kind of innovation and creativity in publishing on the iPad and the mix of eBook with more interactive, almost gaming, elements make this a compelling app. We think it will definitely appeal to the target 'youth' audience who can get physically involved in the story through the iPad's touch interface, even starting the Martian invasion themselves as part of the interaction.
The key features (from the Press Release) include:
- 27 interactive, visually stunning pages integrated with text from the original 1898 publication
- Intuitive design allows readers to touch-swipe the Martians Cylinders towards Earth and begin the invasion
- Features real-time motion graphics as readers gesture or tilt iPad through the Red Weeds
- Touch interactive elements throughout the story that allow reader to act as Martian or Human
- Aim the Tripod’s heat-ray to disintegrate fleeing people and artillery-men
- Create ominous lightening storms, tap the crow to eat the dead Martian and throw the Canisters to emit the thick deadly, Black Smoke
War of the Worlds is available now in the US app store (not available in the UK at the time of writing) for an 'Introductory' price of $3.99.